Monday, April 29, 2013

Youth

 The "For The Strength Of Youth" is not only a set of principles for the youth, but it is a set of principles that we should all live by throughout our whole life.  This is something that has been very important to me ever since I first entered the young womens program. We tend to think that since it says "youth" on the cover, it means that being an adult it doesn't apply anymore.  Why is it any different now that you are an adult then it was when you learned it as a youth?

These principles are here to strengthen all of us beginning when we are a youth and should be a part of us throughout our whole lives. An example of this is Modesty.  I have always made it a point to dress appropriately in such a way that I did not draw negative attention to myself.  It has always been very important to me to dress modestly. In doing so I express respect for myself.  I show that I respect my body and who I am.  Living this principle has blessed me in numerous ways. In living these principles I have been able to make it to the temple and make sacred covenants.

 I want to tell you that I know as we live these principles the lord has asked of us that we will be able to become more like him and someday return home to him. I know that living the principles of the gospel brings happiness to all who will follow them.  I know this church is true and I know my Savior lives!

https://www.lds.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/ForTheStrengthOfYouth-eng.pdf

1 comment:

  1. You are almost there, Jessica! Your posts this month have been wonderful, each one has been such an inspiration to me as I've read them. And congratulations on reaching 50+ followers!!!

    ReplyDelete