Thursday, April 18, 2013

Prayer



"When life gets too hard to stand, kneel."

We all have hard times in our lives, but sometimes no matter how many hugs you recieve, no matter how many people tell you everything is going to be okay, you just need someone to talk to who really understands.  Our Father in heaven is always there waiting for us to take the time to kneel in prayer and talk to him.  He is waiting to here your troubles, your thoughts and desires. He is there waiting to give you that hug you have been in so much need of.
Within the past few months there was a day where all I wanted was a hug and someone to talk to. I wanted to know that I was loved and so I knelt down and prayed to my Heavenly Father and asked him if he would show me that he loved me.  I felt a warm feeling come over me as I prayed and I knew that my father loved me. I felt his warm arms wrap around me reminding me that I am loved and that I am his daughter.  It was a great blessing for me to be able to have that reminder.
 I know that as we pray to our Heavenly Father he will answer our prayers! He is there and is watching over us.  He knows the desires of our hearts and he is waiting for you to talk to him.  What a blessing it is to have this knowledge of knowing we have a father who loves us more than we ever thought possible!


7 comments:

  1. Your words are very encouraging...thank you

    http://for-one-another.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully said and so true.

    Lee
    A Few Words
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully written! I am enjoying your writing. I'll be back to read the rest of your challenge.
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you! New follower from A to Z :)

    Melody

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hard to remember in the midst of difficulties, but very true. Our flesh is so weak!
    from The Dugout

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this. I find I don't take enough time to relax and just be still in God's presence. I'm always doing something or other. Your post after this is a good reminder that we need quiet time. Second post I've come across today. It must be a special word for me. :)

    J.L. Campbell writes Jamaican Kid Lit

    ReplyDelete