Saturday, April 6, 2013

Forget-Me-Not

As a young boy Elder Uchtdorf had a connection with the small forget-me-not flowers.  He would look at the little forget-me-not's and sometimes feel a lot like that flower...small and insignificant.  He states "I wondered if I would be forgotten by my family or by my Heavenly Father. Years later I can look back on that young boy with tenderness and compassion. And I do know now- I was never forgotten."
He reminds each of us that we are not forgotten and in doing so he tells us five things we should not forget.

 Forget not to be patient with youself.

 Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice.

 Forget not to be happy now.

Forget not the "why" of the Gospel.

 Forget not that the lord loves you.

These five points have reminded me to stop and look at myself and to remember that I am not alone, that I am not perfect and it takes time to become perfect.  I have been reminded not to sacrifice more then is needed, to live life with a good attitude and light and rather then waiting to be happy sometime in the future, to be happy now. I need to remember why I am here and where I am going.  But the most important thing I have been reminded of is that I am loved!

There have been times where I have felt so alone and I have felt that no one cares.  There has even been a time when I wondered if my Heavenly Father loves me.  But I know that he does! I have felt it!  And even though I may ask him often he never stops reminding me of his love!

This talk has a special place in my heart and I hope that it can brighten up your day and remind you to Forget not who you are!
http://www.lds.org/broadcasts/article/general-relief-society-meeting/2011/09/forget-me-not?lang=eng

Sisters, wherever you are, whatever your circumstances may be, you are not forgotten. No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you with an infinite love. - Dieter F. Uchtdorf

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVED this talk, but I tend to love all of his addresses. Just stopping by from the A to Z Challenge!

    ReplyDelete