Friday, April 5, 2013

Education Daily

As a young Mom I spend a lot of time at home.  I take care of my daughter, the house, dinner, etc. Sometimes I feel like I do the exact same thing everyday and I'm not learning or progressing in life.  But through it all I try to remember that even thought it seems like I'm not doing much, I really am doing alot. Even though I'm not in school right now like some Mom's are, I try to remember that I am still gaining an education, just in a different way.

Education can come in so many forms.  It's not only going to school, but it is learning through your everyday life.  For example, with my daughter being the first child in our family, she is being tested on.  I've never been a Mom before, so everything is so new! When the next child comes around, I will have learned things not to do and things that I should do for him/her. I am the oldest in my family so I know how it feels to be the "test child."  I only hope that my daughter can see that I am doing my best for her.

Learning also comes in forms of trials.  Every one of us has trials that we face almost daily.  It could be an emotional trial, a physical trial or a mental trial.  It doesn't matter, we all have trials to face, but with each trial we are learning and we are growing.  We come to understand ourselves and others better.  I don't think there has ever been a day where I haven't learned something new.

When we think of Education we think of schooling.  I believe going to school is very important  but it is also important to remember that we are learning all day everyday whether we are in school or not.  None of us are perfect.  We are always striving to be a better.  As Gordon B. Hinkley has said "Try a little harder to be a little better."  Each day through the education we are gaining we are trying harder each day to be a little better then yesterday.  So, what will you learn today?

2 comments:

  1. Today I learned (once again) the joy of family. As I said goodbye to the Colorado grandchildren and walked back into my empty house, I was tired yes but so very happy to have spent time with these precious little ones. To see your children (or grandchildren) look at you with eyes of love is the greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...Karen...that's so sweet...what about the part where we came back 30 minutes later to collect the rest of our stuff? Did you still miss us?

    Jessica - you will have time to focus on your formal education if you want to later. Squeeze your little one as much as you can. She won't be little forever. Tho, I hate to break it to you, no two kids are the same. Yes, you'll be better at telling when the next one is gassy vs sick, but then he will have his own little quirks that you have to figure out. The learning never stops, lol! (And I say he, because in my mind all kids are boys. Maybe you'll have all the girls I didn't).

    ReplyDelete