Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Money, Money, Money

Money seems to be the thing we all want.  Some of us are blessed with an endless abundance of it and others not so much.  But we all want it.  Is it really that important though?  Is it necessary to survive? Does having money really make us happier?

I have asked myself these questions many times.  Finances are not my forte.  I sure do get stressed out over money management and such, but the thing I always try to remember when I start feeling that way is that money is nothing to God. We can survive without it. Many people in the world do and are still very happy.  My Dad has always told me that "you will never be poor."  Compared to those in other countries I could not be poorer than they.  The happiest of people are those who have no money, but a roof over their heads nonetheless.  Having money does not make you happy.  But having love and family does.

When we ask for bread he will not give us stone (Matt 7:9). In the stresses of the world of finances, this is a very good reminder that when we are struggling not only with money, but in any aspect of life, if we ask the lord for something he will give us what we need.  I have seen this many times in my life.  There have been times where I have wondered where we would get the money to take care of the things we need and every time we ask the lord he takes care of us in some way or another. He does not want us to suffer, he already did that for us.  The lord knows what we need and all we need to do is ask for help and he will give it.




No comments:

Post a Comment