Monday, February 18, 2013

Thy Faith Hath Made Thee Whole

 I started this blog to share thoughts, miracles, and adventures of our day to day life. It's not much, but it's a start.  I needed a hobby aside from the day to day family routine.  

Well as my first post I wanted to share a miracle that happened just a week ago.  I have been sick for the past 5 months off and on, with an infection that I haven't been able to get rid of.  I have now had it about 6 times.  It's an infection that comes from nursing and feels as though you have the flu. With a brand new baby it's not easy to be sick so often when all you want to do is enjoy your little one.  But nursing has been one of my goals to be able to do since I was young. 
 I've felt like nursing not only helped provide the nourishment and such for what my baby needed, but also brought special bonding time for me and my daughter.  Since my Mom didn't have that opportunity with me, It has been something very important to me to have that special bond with my little girl, but it seemed as thought it was coming to an end. 
Emree, my daughter, has struggled with nursing from the beginning and there were many other things that happened that played a part in that struggle, but this illness was the worst of it. This last time that I was sick I felt as though it was never going to end.  I was taking an antibiotic, but it wasn't really making much of a difference and I kept wondering if I was ever going to get over this cycle of being sick. 
My sweet husband watched me lay on the couch in pain and wanted so badly to see me well. And then he thought to ask me if I would like a blessing.  I had received many blessing previous to this one, but I said yes anyway and this time it was a different blessing.  This blessing was a blessing of healing. I could hear that it was not my husband speaking, but my Father in Heaven.  He expressed that through my faith that I would be made whole.  It felt as if the Savior had said "take up thy bed and walk." 
Immediately afterwards I felt my aches and pains leave my body and by morning I had been completely healed of my afflictions.  "Thy faith hath made thee whole." It was an incredible blessing to me to have felt that love from my Father and a great reminder of what pains and suffering my Savior went through for me. It was incredible to know that I had the faith necessary to be healed and that brought so much peace to my mind and heart.  
I never thought that I could feel anything or experience anything like what I did that night. My testimony of my Savior and his atonement has been strengthened and I can honestly say that I know without a shadow of a doubt that my Redeemer lives!  

1 comment:

  1. What a very sweet testimony Jessica! I hope you keep up your blog, because I will love reading more inspirational posts like this one.

    ReplyDelete